CHRISTMAS

12:37 AM

Approximately 6 months ago, I decided to join my school contest and the theme was "Big, Bold Floral Print Skirts!". I didn't win, but i got to learn a lot of new techniques in sewing, new techniques in drafting patterns, and the fun experience of creating something and seeing it come to life. On top of that, I got to design and wear (anytime i want) a lovely gored skirt with lace godets. So I guess I actually won a few things after all. One boring day, I was fitting and matching it with some of my clothes and I couldn't find any top in my closet that would go with it. As I was going through my pile of fabrics, I found this silky costume-y long round marsala skirt that my grandma made before for one of her grandkid's play. A light bulb went on. I decided to make this ruffled sleeve crop top out of the old skirt I found. *drum roll sound* TADAAAH! I wore my ruffled sleeve top design and school contest skirt for Christmas (and plus the not so obvious stain on my top by the bbq ribs from dinner). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments